- Cancellations for the courses are accepted without penalty only if they are cancelled at least 7 days before the beginning of the week. In case of late cancellation (less than 7 days notice) before the course starts or during the student stay, there is a penalty to pay equal to one week of the price of the course. The private lessons should be canceled at least 24 hours before the deadline.
- Cancellations for the accommodation are accepted only if provided at least 30 days before the start of the week that is canceled. In case of late cancellation (less than 30 days notice) before or while the student stay there is to pay a penalty equal to one week of accommodation.
- The Italian School of Language and Culture Federico II, usually, does not require an advanced payment, however, can provide a document testifying the fact that participation was reserved, to those students who require it. In cases where students are required to document the recording made for the purpose of obtaining an entry visa for Italy, you must make an advance payment of the fee, students who have applied for the visa at the Embassy and haven’t got it, will be refunded of the full amount less a 5%. In other cases the fee can be paid directly to school within the first three days of lessons.
CHANGE OF DATE
- If the student decides to change the course dates it must be communicated at least 15 days before the course. The acceptance of other changes will be evaluated by the Director
- No lessons will take place on italian public holidays. No refund will be made for these days.
- The school assumes no liability for loss of personal property and in particular not liable for the relationship between students and the owners of the accommodation listed.
- Students are advised to take out medical and personal insurance before leaving their home country. The school is not responsibile for any accident occuring during their stay in Catania.
Before the start of the course the student is required to view the FORM OF INDEMNITY and complete with missing data.
• Check-in and check-out are usually on Saturdays, additional extra days can be arranged with the owner.
• The apartments are fully intended for students of the school and can be occupied by the owner, at the same time. In any case, this is not the host family (in the sense that you do not share lunch, dinner or any other activity with the owner). Each person has their own privacy and personal responsibility of the apartment.
• The bathroom and kitchen are in common: each student is required to keep them clean after they are used, to allow their use by others. Cleanliness of rooms and common areas is the responsibility and duty of the students.
• In case of any type of malfunction in the apartment, you must inform the owner that will see to repairs within a reasonable time limit. Students are held responsible for any damage caused to objects and elements resulting damages incurred (the owner may request a security deposit).
• The relationship between the student and the owner is direct: the school provides only the adequacy of the accommodation. Payment is due upon arrival directly to the owner of the house.
• It is strictly forbidden to entertain friends or acquaintances in the apartment and in particular make them sleep in their room without the consent previously obtained by the owner of the house.
Violation of this rule leads to the immediate removal of the client without refund of the amount paid.
• When using the common areas, you should use common sense (avoid using the kitchen in the evenings, listening to loud music, unnecessarily wasting the boiler hot water when other tenants need to take a shower Use appliances recklessly, and then make sure not to leave the lights on, respect the rules of the building, etc.).. One of the tasks of occupants is the disposal of garbage in the dumpster on the road every day.